Writing coach Cathy Yardley says that while writers typically write alone, no one succeeds that way. That’s why we’re working to foster a supportive, humor-writing community with our conference, masterclasses, and follow-up social events.
Even if you’re not able to attend any of these, we’ve also launched a meeting place to discuss humor writing and to help writers form their own peer/critique groups. You can join that group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1170959683718142
This is a public group, but we do have a few rules. Here they are:
- Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Being part of this group requires mutual trust. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group. This is particularly important given that members will likely be discussing their current projects and partner-preferences. Absolutely no trolling, even in jest.
- Finally, please give more than you take in this group. Excessive self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. Try to post no more than one link a week regarding your current or upcoming events or releases. You can reach out to email@example.com if you have any doubts or would like a shout-out on our website.
- The primary purpose of this group is to set-up writing groups and help organize our writing retreats, both small-free and our writing-in-the-woods paid Fall event. These periodic postings help us plan. Please keep that in mind when posting discussion items.
- Be kind, have fun, meet cool people, and leave this space and our planet a bit better than you found it. That’s what life is really about. Robb Lightfoot – firstname.lastname@example.org